Joseph “Joey” R. Gase
Born: Feb. 8th, 1993
5'11”, 135 #'s
Cedar Rapids, IA
As a driver, I want to prove my ability on the track and to show that I have what it takes to be in a car with the capability of winning everytime. My ultimate desire is to win a NASCAR championship.
- Knowledge of the making of a car.
- Ability to communicate what the car is doing.
- Ability to do maintenance and repairs.
- Attentiveness to the crew chief.
- Taking instructions and suggestions from crew chief.
- Able to discuss with the crew chief their ideas.
In 41 starts at Hawkeye Downs Speedway only 2 DNF’s
ARCA testing at Daytona Superspeedway.
Signed with SS Greenlight Racing as a development driver.
- PASS series: 1 pole, Finishes 3rd twice, 6th once, 17th once.
- Sunoco National Tour: 1 pole setting track record, Finishes 2nd once, 5th once.
- NASCAR K & N series: 20th once and 23rd once (accident).
- ARCA series: 27th place (accident).
- USAR series: 14th place (engine failure).
- Drove for Jeff Spraker Racing and Benny Gordon Racing.
- Hawkeye Downs Speedway: 5 races 1st twice, 2nd three times.
- Midwest Tour Series: 15th place
Tracks ran at:
- Iowa Speedway 7/8 mile
- Rockingham Speedway 1 mile
- Hickory Motor Speedway ½ mile
- Orange County Speedway ½ mile
- Hawkeye Downs Speedway ½ mile
- O’Reilly Raceway Park ½ mile
- New Smyrna Speedway ½ mile
- La Crosse Speedway ½ mile
- Springport Motor Speedway ½ mile
- Gresham Motor Speedway ½ mile
Tracks tested at:
1) Daytona Superspeedway 2 ½ mile
2) Caraway Speedway ½ mile
3) All American Speedway 1/3 mile
- Hawkeye Downs: Youngest Late Model track Champion (age 16), 15 starts with 1 win, 2nd three times, 3rd three times
- New Smyrna Speedway: World Series of Asphalt Stock Car Racing 5th place in points Crate Late Models
- ASA: 15th once, 21st once, 22nd once
- Hawkeye Downs Speedway/ Late Model: 8 starts, 7 top 10's, 5th in points and Rookie of the Year
- ASA: 13th place
- Hawkeye Downs Speedway/Modified: 13 starts, 13 top 10's, 3 top 5's Finished 4th in points and Rookie of the Year
- Youngest driver ever to win the Class B Modified championship at La Crosse Speedway during Oktoberfest .
- Won the Jr2 WKA Nationals at Fast Track in Vincennes, In., while finishing in the top 5 in points in the series.
2002 - 2005
- Won the Jr1 Championship at Hawkeye Downs Speedway.
- Joey Gase makes his racing debut at Hawkeye Downs, earning his 1st win on his very 1st start.